Sunday, November 26, 2017

You're One Question Away

Sales professionals, if you want to get to the next level, stop pitching and start asking. It is really surprising to me how many sales professionals have not learned or been taught that questions are the "secret sauce" of sales.
I cannot tell you how many sales professionals have walked away from a sale/future sale with me simply because they did not ask a follow-up question. They took my objection as an unequivocal no, but the reality is many times, I just haven't been asked the right question.
If you abide by The Golden Rule for Sales Professional, I guarantee you will increase your client base and increase your sales. What is The Golden Rule for Sales Professional?
The Golden Rule for Sales Professional
Always ask a question that gets a "Yes" before you say, "Thank you for your time."
I know it sounds simple, but it works. Questions like,
  • May I follow up with you next month?
  • May I send you a sample of a new product we just developed?
  • May I send you a connection request on LinkedIn?
Your best clients are built on the foundation of the relationship, and solid relationships take time to build. You're one question away from beginning that relationship because relationships are built one ask at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment